Sunday 23 November 2014

" Do Not Lean Upon Your Own Understanding" ... I Call B*llsh*t.

That's correct. I call bullshit. I say that the only understanding you should lean on is your own. Now this is not to say you shouldn't listen to advice or acquire knowledge. Or that you shouldn't weigh the opinions of those who have a different perspective than your own. What I do mean is only YOU know what you like, what feels right, what twists your guts and what doesn't and when that twisting means something is good or bad. We each contain the necessaries for our own happiness. We need to know ourselves and this means alone time. Allowing time to determine what we have done out of habit and whether or not those are actually things we WANT to do. "Do not lean upon your own understanding" is a scriptural reference that is used to fit you into a preconceived control box. To control the morality of the masses. Fuck that. I never fit in that box and I certainly don't intend to start now. The bible is the shittiest tool ever for determining morality. Slavery good, rape first then marry, but homosexuality is bad. Only a petty god would say "love me the way I want or I will send you to hell". And quite frankly, that phrase pretty much explains my entire married life. So I'm out...on my own to figure out myself. What I like. What I want. And I'm going to lean upon my own understanding, once I figure out what that is, whether or not it makes sense to anyone else. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment